Monday, October 7, 2013

Don't Faint...I'm not dead yet.

As Charlie Brown says when Lucy pulls that stupid football away...
"Aaauugh!"  It is unbelievable that he continually falls for that, right?   Like it is unbelievable that it has been more than a year since I was here.  Talk about running scared. You'd think I would have lost some weight during that marathon sprint away from this blog.  But, No.  Didn't happen.

So, exactly what's up?
Through a series of life events that have been tumultuous, difficult and--at times--heartbreaking this blog has been ignored and pushed to the back of my heart over the last year and a half.  I'm not going into detail about it all.  Just know that I am still here and I'm still not sure where this journey is going to take me, but I do know my ultimate destination.  And I'm okay with that.  I know who holds my future and I'm trying to get back on His track and stay the course.  

Today, I lost my temper at an insensitive, self-indulgent remark made on a social media site and began to realize how much I had to say in response to this unfortunate, socially-backward, good-manner-lacking individual.  Guess where that led me?  I'm here, aren't I?

So, maybe God has a wonderful sense of humor when it comes to gently guiding me back to His path.  Today I will choose to take a deep breath, think slowly and deliberately about what my next post will be about and attempt to write it tomorrow.  That is my goal and I pray that I have the courage to stick with it.  

Thanks for your patience with my self-indulgence today.  ;)
Happy Monday,  Pam 

No comments:

Post a Comment